5 Minute Tangy Slaw
Despite my southern roots, I've never been a big fan of coleslaw. I don't love the taste of mayonnaise (I'm weird, I know) and since that is a major part of almost every slaw recipe, I've always avoided it. But because I love cabbage and slaw is such a perfect summer side, I decided to put my own spin on traditional coleslaw and make a tangy, mayo-free version. A simple citrusy dijon vinaigrette with dill gives this slaw a tangy pop that complements any of your favorite summer staples (it's amazing with pulled pork!). The best part is it takes no time to throw together thanks to the bags of shredded cabbage and carrots. I got mine at Trader Joe's but you can find pre-washed and chopped cabbage and carrot slaw and nearly every grocery store.
PALEO / GLUTEN-FREE / DAIRY-FREE / Low fodmap / WHOLE 30
- 2 9 oz bags shredded cabbage and carrot slaw (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, dill, salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl to whisk well.
2. Empty the two bags of slaw into a large bowl and pour the dressing on top, stirring well to incorporate.
3. Cover and transfer the bowl into the fridge for at least 20 minutes to chill.
4. Stir again before serving and devour!